Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 09:29:45 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jehova <tornadox@telnor.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adjust time and date: system refuses to do it

On Monday, 29 April 2002 at 18:37:53 -0700, jehova wrote:
> my machine change time and date and when try to adjust system
> complaints: time and date can't adjust.

No, that's not the message.

> i checked CMOS and is changed there too,

Well, does it change or doesn't it?

> i have installed a tri-OS-boot, i mean LILO boot loader for select
> windows, linux and Freebsd.
>
> any light on this? if more info is needed i'll send it,

Well, of course we need more info.  You haven't said anything yet.
How about what you did, and what the system said (exactly, not your
interpretation).

Note that FreeBSD sets the date differently from Linux.  For some
reason, Linux requires two commands to set the date.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.