Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:48:36 +0200
From:      "Arjan" <lists@alpha.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Webserver problem.

Some time ago a problem started with my Apache 1.3 webserver on FreeBSD
2.2.6. At regular times it started showing Internal Server Error-messages,
error_log showed 'Couldn't spawn child process: blah'.

The advice was to take a look at the daemon-settings in /etc/login.conf.

My webserver is running under the group www-data, therefore I took this
advice for group www-data.

The settings for www-data our now these, still this does not solve the
problem:

www-data:\
        :coredumpsize@:\
        :coredumpsize-cur=0:\
        :datasize=infinity:\
        :datasize-cur@:\
        :maxproc=8192:\
        :maxproc-cur@:\
        :memoryuse-cur=128M:\
        :memorylocked-cur=128M:\
        :openfiles=8192:\
        :openfiles-cur@:\
        :stacksize=32M:\
        :stacksize-cur@:\
        :tc=default:

I'm wondering what I can do to solve it. What logs can I look at to see what
setting(s) are wrong???

Arjan