Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:54:06 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        shafi kamal <shafi_2k12003@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting assistant to install 4.4BSD-Lite2 as software package

--t0UkRYy7tHLRMCai

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:02:01AM -0700, shafi kamal wrote:
> Hello, =20
>   I am a new user to 4.4FreeBSD. Installation of 4.4FreeBSD v 5.4=20
> completed. I am trying to set up i.e install 4.4BSD-Lite2 distribution as=
 a=20
> software package in my FreeBSD system. I am in some truble.=20
> Can u show we me  the way to make installation complete?=20
> I have collected the 4.4BSD-Lite2.tar.gz , unzip it & found the=20
> directories Domestic, Foreign, telnet, telnetd & so on.=20
> I have somewhat read the Makefiles. Now what the next step would be
>  to complete installation of this software?=20

Asking a stupid question on a different list doesn't generally change
the fact that the question is stupid.  Have you read a single response
to your previous queries?  4.4BSD-Lite2 is an incomplete and highly
obsolete distribution of BSD that FreeBSD is based on (over a decade in
the past).  It's not something you can or should install. =20

-- Brooks

--=20

--t0UkRYy7tHLRMCai

--t0UkRYy7tHLRMCai--