Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:19:26 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: kern/5616: sound_config.h has wrong default for SB16 high  DMA]

Hi,

We currently have two sound drivers :
1. Voxware 3.5
2. Luigi's snd driver

We are trying to migrate to Luigi's snd driver due to its simplistic
design and ease of maintainability.

Development on Voxware 3.5 is secondary --- does not imply that is
totally abandoned.

Whats on 2.2.x is the Voxware 3.0 , giving the current direction I am not
that inclined on supporting 2.2.x systems -- don't have time nor resources.
Voxware 3.0 vs Voxware 3.5 issues mostly surface when we try to support
linux binaries such as quake which are written to the Voxware 3.5 interface.
Voxware 3.5 is currently for -current.

Luigi snd driver works on 2.2.x however it usually lacks behind on -current.

On the background, pnp support is being worked on and so far the work is
mostly for Luigi's snd driver or generic pnp devices not for the Voxware
3.5 driver.

	Amancio