Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 02:55:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  ports/print/gv Makefile ports/print/gv/patches patch-aa patch-ab ports/print/gv/files md5 config.freebsd ports/

 * Well, at home I have deleted the reference to gnumalloc in the imake
 * templates. Is there a more portable solution apart from bugging the X
 * folks to update their distribution?

Sorry, that's fine.  Actually the latest betas test if the FreeBSD
version is < 2.2 or not before linking gnumalloc, but the same config
file (FreeBSD.cf) defines the OS version to "2.1" (which is actually
right because I got it in the FreeBSD-2.1 directory...). ;)

 * Another question: how do I check for gs4 in the dependencies without
 * relying on a version number like 4.01? Could the several gs ports
 * install the executable as gs{2,3,4} and install a link to gs?

It seems like 2.6.2 used to install it that way, but it went away.  Oh
well.

Satoshi