Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:14:28 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        'James Lim' <james@sg.freebsd.org>, "johnp@lodgenet.com" <johnp@lodgenet.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Sysadmin Article

The biggest goof they made is to run the system in the default
installation. I'm sure if they would have enabled softupdates, FreeBSD
would have been right up there with Linux. If they had created a custom
kernel, it would have been even faster.
The default sync mode for disk access is very reliable, but painfully slow.

-Bill