Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 22:42:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

Hi, I have a problem with my Wincast/TV card and/or fxtv.  I think it is
the card based on what Steve had told me, but I thought I would see if
anyone else had any ideas before I return it for a new one (with the UPS
strike and all, returning it will be a couple of weeks or a month =(.)

The problem is I get only certain channels.  I get channels 2-6, 14-20,
and then the upper 90s, but nothing else.  The ones I do get come in clear
and all, but the other ones are pure snow.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Steve has suggested that the card is flakey, which I am beginning to
believe.  Here is my setup:

3.0-CURRENT from Monday, August 11
Wincast/TV
Latest fxtv

Also, on a separate note sound has ceased working on quake for me now.  I
updated my kernel this morning.  Here are the errors I am seeing (and I
see thousangs of these!!!)
isa_dmastatus: channel 5 not active
isa_dmastatus: channel 5 not active
isa_dmastatus: channel 5 not active
isa_dmastatus: channel 5 not active
isa_dmastatus: channel 5 not active

I tried a new kernel and the same hting.  Sound works for a second, and
then nothing.  THe only thing different I have done is added a Buslogic
BT-946c SCSI card.  Any ideas?  I will try removing the card and see if
that works or not.  Thanks!

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com