Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2022 13:46:17 +0100
From:      Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach <johannes-maria@t-online.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
Subject:   Re: Unable to boot from internal hard disks on new PC

Hello,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 12:35:56PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-12-27 at 12:08 +0100, Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach wrote:
> > the bios (or uefi) doesn't recognise the internal disks
>
> Hi,
>
> are the internal discs shown by the boot device priority settings?
> If so, did you set up the boot device priorities by the BIOS settings?

I can see the two USB sticks and four entries I don't really
understand (UEFI: HTTP IPv4, UEFI: PXE IPv6, both twice, so that's
four entries and I have four discs, but they don't look like
disks).

Output from efibootmgr:
+Boot000B* UEFI: USB 2.0 PENDRIVE 1.0, Partition 1
 Boot0008* UEFI OS
 Boot0002* UEFI: HTTP IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
 Boot0003* UEFI: PXE IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
 Boot0004* UEFI: HTTP IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
 Boot000A* UEFI: PXE IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

(-b 000b is the installation stick and 0008 the other stick
I tested; both no problem)

> On my machine the boot priority works automatically for the internal
> CD/DVD drive and internal SSDrives, but before and after booting from
> USB, I need to manually set up the boot device priorities.

The first boot of this PC was with the installation disk (no
OS on the internal disks) so I don't know how it would have
looked before booting from USB.

> Don't leave the BIOS without saving the changes!

I never did.

Regards,
Johannes-Maria