Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:08:27 -0400
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@eagle.ca>
To:        "Holtor" <holtor@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Libraries and things a file is linked to?

> I remember seeing a command that would show what
> files or libraries a certain binary is linked to.

 Um, that would simply be the "locate" command would it?

 For instance,

locate libcrypto

 (which goes on and on on one of my production boxes)

If your machine has been running for over a week, it would have rebuilt the
locate database for you already. But if you've been messing with the box,
you can manually rebuild the locate database with:

/usr/libexec/locate.updatedb

Hope that helps.

-gf