Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:28:58 +0200
From:      Philip Lykke Carlsen <plcplc@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange keyboard (viral?) behaviour

tirsdag 13 juni 2006 16:44 skrev Eric Schuele:
> On 06/12/06 14:17, Philip Lykke Carlsen wrote:
> > mandag 12 juni 2006 20:48 skrev du:

> >> Wireless keyboard on your sister's machine and your laptop just happens
> >> to have a compatible receiver built-in?
> >>
> >> David
> >
> > Hm. now that you mention it, that does seem probable.
> >
> > And sure enough.. looking closer, the typing stops when I unplug the usb
> > wireless mouse/keyboard reciever.. it's just.. it has never happened
> > before now.. and we've been using this setup for ages.. and I never had
> > quite this success in keyboard transmitting range.. 10 meters at least
> > and through at least four solid brick and steel walls..
> > hm.. i guess disabling usb-keyboards via devfs.rules or by removing the
> > support from the kernel would solve the problem.
> >
> > But thanks very much.
> > very much indeed :-D
> >
> > hm.. I wonder why I didn't at least consider the possibility of it being
> > the wireless keyboard..
>
> I'm curious....
> Originally you said it was playing back YOUR previous GAIM conversation.
>   Then above you mention "real time text" from your sister's pc.  If it
> is the former... your sister's pc may have a keylogger on it, no?  And
> may require some investigation.

Well, that is, I thought so. Because the text being replayed looked very much
like the conversation my sister had had when she borrowed my GAIM a week ago.
A little detail that I neglected to tell about .

Heh, that just proves how very low the diversity in her conversations is :p

So.. no keylogger in the end.. just the damned keyboard muxer..