Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:03:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "J. A. Landamore" <jal@mcs.le.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading 3.0 to 3.3

I want to upgrade my copy of 3.0-RELEASE to 3.3-RELEASE.  If I use the kern and
mfsroot floppies and then use the upgrade option will it automagically select
the packages I already have installed and upgrade them?  The other option is to
run /stand/sysinstall from single user and change 3.0 to 3.3.  Then run upgrade,
this should work (naughty I know changing an OS under its feet), but will this
select and upgrade the packages I already have installed?

Please reply directly to me, as well as the list, as I'm not subscribed.

thanks for your help, and thanks for the work in producing an OS that beats the
vastly over-rated Linux by miles

John Landamore			| Please re-install Universe |
Sys. Admin.			| and reboot                 |
e-mail:				|     Hogfather              |
J.Landamore@mcs.le.ac.uk	|   Terry Pratchett          |