Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2012 22:33:02 -0400
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        Waitman Gobble <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Java and NIO?

On Jul 5, 2012, at 10:38 , George Neville-Neil wrote:

>=20
> On Jul 4, 2012, at 15:49 , Greg Lewis wrote:
>=20
>> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 11:38:23AM -0700, Waitman Gobble wrote:
>>> gnn@freebsd.org wrote ..
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/i386-159787-openjdk-1-6-nio-muti-thre=
ad-bug-td4700530.html
http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/What-s-the-problem-with-nio-on-=
FreeBSD-td5208183.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2010-August/008747.html
>>> maybe this fixes it?=20
>>=20
>> This patch was incorporated into the openjdk6 port soon after it was
>> posted.  However, I can still reproduce the problem.  Using
>> =
-Djava.nio.channels.spi.SelectorProvider=3Dsun.nio.ch.KqueueSelectorProvid=
er
>> makes no difference.
>>=20
>>> also looks like New I/O was updated in jdk7... but would have to =
check it out to see if issue still exists..
>>=20
>> I can't reproduce the problem with the current openjdk7 port.  I =
haven't
>> tried out Zookeeper though, so YMMV.  I would say it's definitely =
worth
>> a try though.
>>=20
>> I don't believe anyone is currently working on a fix for the openjdk6 =
port
>> for this.
>=20
> I'm going to give zookeeper a try with openjdk7.
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20

A followup.  zookeeper is now ported to Freebsd =
(/usr/ports/devel/zookeeper)

Best,
George