Date:      Fri, 07 May 2004 14:42:53 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Osmany Guirola Cruz <osmany.guirola@cigb.edu.cu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mono

Osmany Guirola Cruz wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to install "mono" on my freebsd box
> and i have these error
> mono... does not work on -CURRENT with garbage collection enabled
> i am runing 5.2 Release i probe in one machine that have 4.9 and it install
> well
> what should ido to install it in my 5.2 if its possible

Keep in mind that this message means that the port is _broken_ on FreeBSD 5.
Mono will crash if you run it on 5.  That being said, if you'd like to help
track down the problem, edit the Makefile and comment out the line that reads:
IGNORE= "Does not work on -CURRENT with garbage collection enabled"

Then you can experiment with the crashes and help find the problem.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies