Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 19:00:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      batie@aahz.jf.intel.com (Alan Batie)
To:        oliver.fromme@heim3.tu-clausthal.de (Oliver Fromme)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: onboard sound problem

> I solved the problem by switching the lpt port to I/O polled
> mode, i.e. in your kernel config file, change the following
> line
>    device   lpt0   at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
> to something like this:
>    device   lpt0   at isa? port? tty
> Then recompile and install your kernel and reboot.

Well, seeing as I disabled the lpt on the motherboard, I took it out of the
kernel configuration also.  Same result.  I think there's a dma conflict
somewhere, given the errors in dmesg, so there's probably something hidden
using a dma channel...

--
Alan Batie                     ------        What goes up, must come down.
batie@aahz.jf.intel.com        \    /        Ask any system administrator.