Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:35:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>, "Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, Ronald Bootsman <Ronald@Bootsman.Net>
Subject:   RE: Question about Dynamic IP

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 04-Oct-2001 Lars Eggert wrote:
> > > Since I am a relative nono in scripting...., can anybody provide my a
> > > script, which will scan for this new ip-address and
> > > automatically change it
> > > in http.conf, dns zone files, rc.conf, etc.
> >
> >  I can, if you can explain how this relates to freebsd-mobile.
>
> Because mobile users suffer from this sort of problem...
> (ie non-static IP's)

yes, but how many of them run webservers off them!

IMHO, this looks like somebody trying to get somebody to tell him how to
set up his computer so he can more easily violate the T&C's he signed when
he got his residential connection.

just my us$0.02

johnu

> ---
> Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
> for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
> "The nice thing about standards is that there
> are so many of them to choose from."
>   -- Andrew Tanenbaum

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life