Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:41:55 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bringing sanity to the RPC/NFS related scripts

On 02/10/2012 03:03, Jilles Tjoelker wrote:
> Hmm, so statd sometimes does not feel like starting the first time, but
> is willing the second time? That would be a bug that should not be
> worked around with that extra check.

It seems to be related to the first random port that statd chooses being
in use, and statd not being very smart about recovering from that. (And
yes, I know about the -p option .... not really the point.) I'd like to
be able to thoroughly test that all required services are running when
the next thing on the list is starting.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.