Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:20:40 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipf idiot wants to roam

* Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com> [010325 20:06]:

> You can specify interfaces by name in your rules - but you have to
> issue 'ipf -y' to sync up with interface address changes.  I've done
> this with a dial-up line by putting 'ipf -y' in /etc/rc.network at the
> end of pass 1.  This file should be updated in the distribution so
> that this happens automatically or ppp users may not see any packet
> filtering!

Well I've been using ipf on a dialup for a year now, and don't have an ipf -y
anywhere in my config files. Maybe it's because I use tun0 demand-dialling?

Or is the manpage (man 1 ipf) correct?

       -y     (SOLARIS 2  ONLY)  Manually  resync  the  in-kernel
              interface  list  maintained  by  IP Filter with the
              current interface status list.

Either the manpage or the ppp linkup fiels should be modified, I reckon.

--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns