Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:05:38 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   kld question

I made a kernel module that logs execve system calls by intercepting the
execve syscall, log it and then execute the original syscall. This was
pretty straightforward to do, and it works beautifully on STABLE, but on
CURRENT it bombs on this line:

uid = p->p_cred->pc_ucred->cr_uid;

So, my question: how does one obtain the UID from the proc struct in
CURRENT? Preferably in a way that will both work on CURRENT and STABLE.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
I'm proud to be paying taxes in the United States.  The only thing is
-- I could be just as proud for half the money.