Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:25:50 -0400
From:      Michael MacLeod <mikemacleod@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Pounov <misho@elwix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiroute question

Actually, multiple routing tables is the correct solution. I documented it
here:

http://www.mmacleod.ca/blog/2011/06/source-based-routing-with-freebsd-using=
-multiple-routing-table/

>From the post: "... But route-to and reply-to do not trump the default
routing table for traffic that originates or terminates on the router
itself. They are useful only for traffic passing through the router. pf can
only make routing decisions when a packet passes through an interface. It
can try and set the reply-to interface to be the second WAN connection when
an inbound SSH connection is made, but neither the SSH daemon nor the
routing table on the host know or care about the routing preferences of pf.=
"