Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:47:54 +0200
From:      Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot@caraldi.com>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ports: Deploying WAR files

* Ernst de Haan:

> Any comments on this proposal?

This sounds  acceptable, but requires  some work on the  existing ports.
BTW you didn't  mention servlet container Resin for which  I submitted a
port, still uncommitted.  See PR ports/54853.

We  also have  to  provide a  simple  algorithm to  check  if a  servlet
container is already installed  and set SERVLET_CONTAINER accordingly as
default value.

To improve Java support  on FreeBSD we have to do  that indeed.  I agree
with the proposal.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/