Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:11:42 -0600
From:      "Andrew Fleming" <afleming@tiger.fhsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Supressing header pages on printer

I am trying to supress header pages on a printer I have set up in a printcap
file.  I have added the sh option to the printers, but I am still getting header
pages.  Does anyone have any sugestions.  I've looked in the handbook and can
not find anything.

The entries for the printers in the printcap are

th204_txt|lp7:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lperr/th204_txt.log:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=i163:\
        :rp=text:\
        :sh:sd=/var/spool/lpd/th204_txt:

th204_ps|lp8:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lperr/th204_ps.log:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=i163:\
        :rp=raw:\
        :sh:sd=/var/spool/lpd/th204_ps:

I've tried putting the sh in different places and it still comes out.  I can
specify the -h option when I use lpr
and it will supress it, but shouldn't I be able to supress it by default.

Thanks

Andrew Fleming
afleming@tiger.fhsu.edu