Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:45:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Leonard Zettel <zettel@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org

[ Redirected to chat ]

> The Complete Free BSD (which is why I *bought* the CD-ROM)  $40 (approx)
> Unix Power Tools                                            $63.55
> Using Samba Special Edition                                 $42.39
> The Unix System Admin Handbook (coming)                     $74.00
> Online Handbook                                               0.00
                                                            ------
> Total so far                                               $219.94

What one learns from good Unix/CS books is (usually) just priceless.

By the way, there are other books out there selling at $$. They explain
"concepts" in the following didactically "effective" & "advanced" fashion:

1) go to the brain-damaged Menu Foo;
2) click on the brain-dead item Bar;
3) next, check the brain-dead box Baz;
[4) reboot the system for the changes to take effect.]

N.B. in this kind of ahem "Learning Environment":
*) you are not supposed to ask yourself questions;
**) you are not (usually) supposed to make use of your brain^W^W^W^W^W
understand the whys and wherefores. You normally have to point-and-click. And
you are done. In all senses, actually...

-- Salvo