Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:40:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Hough <rch@qserve.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newest Problem

I found the IDA section in the LINT config, and added it to my kernel
config as suggested (after the wdc controller entries), compilied and
hoped for the best. The only mention of the ida0 controller is the
following:

ida: port address (0xffffffff) out of range
ida0 not found

What exactly is it trying to tell me here? This card is an eisa card,
would that make any differance in the config? Should the entry for the
controller just be: controller	ida0? The card in question is a SMART
Array Controller, running with the latest firmware update off of Compaq's
site.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks

-=)> Robert Hough (rch@qserve.net)
-=)> Phone: 317-802-3036 Ext. 11
-=)> http://www.qserve.net/