Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2023 16:16:25 +0200
From:      infoomatic <infoomatic@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: M2 NVME support

Hi,

I have not had problems so far on ~ 10 different server systems (entry
level; supermicro, HP, ibm), as well as ~ 5 different workstations (HP,
but also Asus, Gigabyte mainboadrs) and ~ 5 different notebooks  (HP,
Lenovo, Samsung) with ~ 10 different SATA models and ~ 5 different NVME
models. Currently writing from a workstation with 2 NVME disks GIGABYTE
GP-GSM2NE3100TNTD + PNY CS3030 1TB SSD and 4 different SATA disks:
Patriot Burst Elite 1920GB, Crucial/Micron Client SSDs -
MTFDDAK512MBF-1AN1ZABHA, Crucial/Micron Client SSDs -
Crucial_CT525MX300SSD1, Crucial/Micron Client SSDs
MTFDDAK512TBN-1AR1ZABHA.

I have no performance data since it is adequatly fast and worked out of
the box. NVME disks usually are less power-hungry and faster.

Regards,
Robert