Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 95 20:39:58 CST
From:      laufen@sol.med.ge.com (Derek Laufenberg  x7-4534)
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA  & -current

Poul-Henning and freebsd-hardware members,

I just FTP'd  the - current source code tree and I'm trying
to follow the instructions you sent me a few weeks ago.
I blew away the /usr/src tree and un-tar'd the tar src tar file
I got from the ftp.cdrom.com site.  Is this the correct way
to get -current?

In any case, I built a new kernel:

On the "config CRD0KERN" I saw a new message I had never seen.
It was "Unknown % construct in generic makefile: %SFILES"
Any clues?

I got a new kernel built with crd0 in it.  I also got the
LKM module built and installed without a problem. There were a few
warnings about passing an incompatible pointer type.  I can get the
exact message if you need it.

The modload failed completely:

	undefined entry symbol '_lkm_pcic'

Also, when I try to make the usr.sbin files, I get errors
when the compiler tries to bring in pccard/card.h.  It returns
"no such file or directory"

I don't think I have the full source tree.  What do you think?

Derek Laufenberg