Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2012 21:05:31 -0500
From:      Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
To:        Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changes to kern.geom.debugflags?

On Dec 25, 2012, at 18:25 , Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de> =
wrote:
>=20
> Please see
> =
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D0+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2=
012/freebsd-sparc64/20121223.freebsd-sparc64
> and provide debug information.

  Thank you.  I can rebuild everything with DEBUG_FLAGS=3D-g.  But do I =
need to do that in only boot?

  And, that message says:

> Please use debug versions of the loaders and report the output of
> `ctrace` on the boot monitor prompt. Building debug versions is
> most easily done via `make DEBUG_FLAGS=3D-g` in path/to/src/boot
> when building natively. You can also add the same when cross-
> compiling but then you'll end up with debug versions of everything.
> In both cases, make sure to not have any old object files in place.

  But, I'm not sure what "the boot monitor prompt" refers to, where i'm =
supposed to enter "ctrace".  When the boot crashes, I'm left at the open =
prom.  Is that where I'm supposed to enter "ctrace"?  Apologies if so, I =
just haven't known of that OBP command previously.

  Thank you.  I'll try to come up with the debugging output you're =
requesting.  And more directions would be appreciated.

        - Chris