Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:42:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fetchmail and SSH

	Does anyone have a copy of .fetchmailrc they can send me? I'm
having problems figuring out how to get fetchmail to connect with ssh to
my mailhost. Specifically I'm using the example at
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-FAQ.html#K3 to create my
file, but it keeps saying bad forwarding specifciation on the port
specified. Well according to the documentation there 1234 is pretty much
arbitrary, but apparently it isn't that arbitrary! :) I've tried using 22
which is what ssh runs on, but with the same error. I've changed the
primary mailhost in the preconnect line to localhost, with the same
error. Thanks in advance for any help!

					Rick