Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 1998 00:19:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Goerzen <jgoerzen@alexanderwohl.complete.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Does FreeBSD support...

Hi,

I am curious about a few things.  If somebody could tell me what the
answers are, or where to find the answers for myself, I'd appreciate it.

Does FreeBSD have:

 * IP masquerading support?
 * Transparent proxying?
 * Firewalling/gatewaying?
 * DOSemu support?
 * Support for multiple ethernet cards in a single computer?
 * Any support (even read-only) for ext2fs?
 * Support for SCSI Generic devices, eg, for use with cdrecord?
 * Support for removable SCSI devices (eg, the Iomega Jaz)?  And along
   the same lines, support for connecting or disconnecting a device
   to the SCSI card while the system is running?

The idea here is to evaluate how well FreeBSD could replace Linux on some
of my machines.  At the moment, the package manager in Debian GNU/Linux is
a significant plus (really cuts down on admin time).  However, Linux's
laptop support is weak -- I have FreeBSD on my laptop -- and it is, for a
variety of reasons, easier to have the same OS on all the machines.

Thanks,

John Goerzen