Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:35:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Strzelczyk <cs052279@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel build question

Can anyone tell me if there is a major difference in
compiling the old way or the new way?  Do these do
exactly the same thing?

I have just finished trying to upgrade a 4.4-stable to
4.5-stable and when I boot I still get the 4.4-stable.
 This is what I did.

rm -r /usr/obj
rm -r /usr/src (except for my custom kernel)
cvsup stable-supfile
make buildworld KERNCONF=custom kernel  (Finished
successfully)
make installworld KERNCONF=custom kernel (Finished
successfully)

I show that /kernel was last modified on Dec 14!??  So
it's like these steps have not even touched the
kernel.  Thanks in advance.

-chris