Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 02:54:41 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner), current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NCR assertion fails?

In message <199504300643.IAA03589@uriah.heep.sax.de> you write:
>Your sd1 should be way faster since it's put into synch mode by
>default.  Try forcing the synch mode for sd0 with the ncrcontrol
>command.

It turns out that my bogus interrupt scheme was causing problems, perhaps
because the NCR driver didn't like shared interrupts, perhaps because I
had jumpered the NCR card to interrupt B so that it wouldn't lock up on
probe.  I finally got my Plato motherboard to assign two different
interrupts to the two cards, and now I am getting 3MB/sec reads =)

  Bill