Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2006 06:52:44 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adam Todorski <todora@scorec.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell PERC5/e RAID controller

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:50:56AM -0500, Adam Todorski wrote:
> Hello
>=20
> I am considering a Dell 2950 with the PERC5/e SAS RAID controller
> attached to their MD1000 SAS JBOD product and I would like to run 6.2-
> RELEASE on it (when it comes out).  Has anyone had any experience with
> this hardware scenario with FreeBSD?  Is the PERC5/e controller
> supported?  My research on this topic has not lead to a conclusion one
> way or another, as the man page for the mfi(4) driver indicates that the
> PARC5/i (the internal controller in the 2950 that I will have the OS
> live on) is supported and that the LSI 8480E is supported (which I've
> heard that the PERC5/e is based on) but not the PERC5/e explicitly.
>=20
> Any insight would be much appreciated!
>=20

I don't have an answer for you, but if you find out, please let us know
so we can add this to the mfi(4) hardware section.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm--