Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:52:17 -0800
From:      James Hewitt <jgh@drizzle.com>
To:        Alexey Koptsevich <kopts@astro.washington.edu>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X and DHCP

Alexey,

Assuming that you are using the user-land ppp (ie. ppp instead of pppd),
adding 'enable loopback' to the default section of ppp.conf might help.

I am wondering though, what is causing your hostname to change, and
why it would be useful to have it change?  The IP address and DNS name
of the PPP interface have little to do with the hostname, and if you
need a specific address for the hostname it is easy to just add the
hostname as an alias for localhost in /etc/hosts.

-James

James Hewitt                                      jgh@drizzle.com