Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:16:58 +0800
From:      <chael@southgate.ph.inter.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   speedtouch-modem_run pauses indefinitely

Hi,

I am using:=20
a) Alcatel Speedtouch USB
b) speedtouch-1.2-beta2 from the newly CVSUPed net/pppoa ports.
c) mgmt.o or firmware.bin from alcatel (doesn't make a difference =
eitherway)
d) currently using 440BX chipset.

Problem: the command modem_run -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o doesn't =
return the prompt

I have tried the above modem_run command both as command line or as usbd =
daemon (rc.conf + usbd.conf). But they both fail to return the prompt =
everytime after the microcode is uploaded to the modem. I also tried the =
firmware.bin that I download from Alcatel website but still the same. I =
have also tried it with the -m option of the modem_run command too.

However, that is not to say that the setup is not working. I just needed =
to hit Ctrl-C after everytime the microcode seems to have done uploading =
to the modem, and then the rest of the daemons and scripts load up like =
normal. Everything is fine and PPP starts and is connected successfully. =
The only problem is why do I have to hit Ctrl-C? And what part of the =
modem_run command needed the SIG 2? Can I patch this out?

I didn't have this problem using a different chipset (VIA). Is this =
problem related to the chipset then? Anybody came accross the same =
problem that might have a solution?

Thanks.