Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 04:56:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Kliment Andreev <klimenta@futurebit.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone seen this book???

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Kliment Andreev wrote:

> > I havent seen this one yet...has good reviews on amazon.
> >

> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0971204519/qid=1027674641/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_3/102-4165403-2064953
>
> I've never seen an author to review its own book and give 5 stars itself.

I reviewed my own book to try to ally some of the concerns about a
binding that fell apart for one person.  I that process I made a few
comments about how I felt about writing it; I think I had to rate it
one way or the other, and I was not about to rate it lower than other
people had.

For its intended audience (new users to FreeBSD and UNIX in general)
I do think it's good.  It now comes with two installation CD's (at
least the Amazon copies have them)--a 4.4 and a 4.6.  In a couple of
months I have to decide whether to do a Third Edition that also covers
5.0, whether it is at the time -current or -release.

If anyone has any general or specific suggestions about revision I'd
be interested in hearing them.

Thanks--

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC