Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:09:56 -0600
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'Bouw, Robert'" <rbouw@mhs7.tns.co.za>, "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: HELp

Themost improtant thing you will want to get is the BSD handbook available
at

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/index.html

This should have just about everything you need to set up a FreeBSD system
and get the network, X-Windows, and whatever else configured.  After you
ahve the OS installed apps can be installed though the ports collection or
by downloading and compiling the source code yourself.

I do know there is a CD image that can be gotten (or you can also use boot
floppies and install via FTP) but I'm not sure where as I always get a copy
of the latest release froma friend of mine.

Gene Dinkey