Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:26:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccc: netdb.h

> > ccc chokes on socklen_t.  Hmm.
>
> Nailed it.
> The private <machine/ansi.h> installed by the port hasn't kept up
> with /usr/include/machine/ansi.h.

This is so annoying.

So is /usr/include/sys not being a symlink to /sys/sys...

Why is it using /usr/include/machine/ansi.h instead of the correct
ansi.h from /usr/src/sys/alpha/include/ansi.h in the first damn
palce to compile the kernel code?

Why doesn't the kernel know where it's own source code is?

Why is it I have to SPAM things?

How the heck am I supposed to cross-compile, without installing
the wrong ansi.h header on my i386, or without having to build
an entire system image?

Ugh.  SVR4 fixed this a long time ago.  8-( 8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.