Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:06:41 -0800
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, eischen@vigrid.com, Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Plugin Status

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:35:42PM -0800, Joe Kelsey wrote:
> With Bill's tenative changes for native threads, I can get the plugin to
> load, but it keeps dieing in various Motif/Xt locations.  I fixed one
> blatant Motif error, dereferencing a null pointer, but there are many
> obvious null-pointer dereferences in the same physical file.  I did not

Folks,

I just commited a fix for a native threading thinko in recording GC
registers and everything that I've tested under Appletviewer runs perfectly
now. I had problems with some jars, but I still need to test that out.

The pthreads race still exist and I'm thinking about creating a new
pthreads scheduler queue for dealing with suspended threads properly. That
race will still likely trigger under high threading count/load. It
was more likely to hit with the old threading code since I was doing an
O(n^2) complexity search for the pthread struct in question and not
realizing that I already had it available for general GC dorkery.

(/me mailed that version to Joe just now)

It's been fantastic that this is working so well now.

;-)

bill