Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:21:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Babumpabajard <knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
Cc:        Ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lynx and CVSup

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Babumpabajard wrote:

> I recently upgraded from RELASE to STABLE, and installed a few ports.
> Netcat, ircII-epic,  and tcsh installed fine.  CVSup failed with a screen
> full of stop messages.  Lynx fails the checksum check.
>
> I'm CVSup'ing the ports tag=.
> Is this the correct tag to be using?  Are these broken ports, or am I
> missing something.
>
> Also, how do I install X windows.  If I try to make install the port for
> XFree86 it say it relies on X11, which there appears to be now port for.

The checksum breaks every time a new version of the author's software
comes out, because the checksum (md5 checksum, reliable) checks the
existing (replaced) copy.

This just usually means that you have to ftp a newer version of the port.
Most checksums are kept pretty up to date.  Lynx, by the way, is a
particular problem, because it changes SO often, but Andrey Chernov, who
keeps that doggedly up to date, does a great job.

> Thanks.
>
> Michael

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |