Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 2015 15:06:31 -0500
From:      Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GSoC 2015: FreeBSD Port of Network manager

--3nK4k4DKt6V4USXxDIlpxkoLsHnWXA7cu

On 2015-03-06 15:00, Gokul Krishna wrote:
> Hi
> I am currently studying 2nd year of masters in embedded systems at KTH
> Royal institute of technology , sweden.
> I have around 2 and half years of experience in embedded linux and devi=
ce
> drivers projects.
> I have reasonably good working and debugging knowledge of Char/Block/
> Network drivers in Linux and their implementation. Also Im familiar abo=
ut
> working knowledge of Realtek 8139 network device driver in Linux.
> So I am interested to work in this project "FreeBSD porting of Network
> manager".
> Kindly explain me about the expected deliverables,  i need to contribut=
> for this project , So I will start working for project plan with list o=
> Milestone task and design decisions for mid term deliverables and final=

> deliverables.
> Kindly reply me.
> thanks and regards
> gokul
rg"
>=20

There is a network manager in PCBSD that works on FreeBSD, already in
the ports tree. You might want to make sure there is some advantage to
network manager before doing the work.

the PCBSD Network Manager is part of: sysutils/pcbsd-utils-qt4

http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/pcbsd-utils-qt4

--=20
Allan Jude