Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 10:30:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        dg@root.com, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new picture of wcarchive

In article <local.mail.freebsd-advocacy/199905021955.MAA29773@implode.root.com> you write:
>   IOlite, while interesting in principle, was nothing more than a proof of
>concept and unfortunately isn't something that we would want to include in
>FreeBSD. I spoke with the researcher at length about it. For this particular

Could you elaborate a little about that?  We just had Vijay over here
to give a talk about it, and while interesting, it seemed a little limited.
In particular, the immutable buffers would seem to preclude building data
up in pieces for transmission, and they "cop'ed out" by still using normal
mbufs for small data transfers.
--
Jonathan