Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:45:13 -0500
From:      "Sandro Mancuso" <sandromancuso@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: boot GENERIC won't work, after kernel panic on startup for new kernel

Thanks for the tip.  Can I perhaps suggest that it be added to the
handbook in the future? It made me panic, hehe.  There's no mention of
unload. Just boot KERNEL.old

It turns out that a cyrix is a "486 class" (who knew?).  I changed it.
Do I have to rebuild/install the kernel? Given it's a "486 class" cpu,
it gives you an idea of how long that would take ;)

Thanks again