Date:      Sun, 06 Jul 1997 23:03:20 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: guspnp8 driver release

I've rebuilt a 3.0-CURRENT with the guspnp8 drivers.  As I'm using a GUS
PnP, this isn't really big news as it works as well as before on my
sound card.   I can play a bunch of MPEG encoded audio files back-to-back
with no problems, gaps or other artifacts.

But, there is a significant fix that works!  I can now interrupt a
sound being played without the system hanging and an ever-repeating
excerpt of sound coming out of the sound card.  On my system, I would
hang it without fail, *every time* prior to this version.

Thank you, thank you!  If other testing goes well for other sound cards,
I'd encourage you to commit this version into the 3.0-CURRENT tree.   It
would certainly make tracking 3.0-CURRNET easier, and this version is
an improvement over the existing code (at least for GUS PnP users..)

louie