Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 1998 07:28:53 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        nrahlstr@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: TV card

On Thu, Sep 03, 1998 at 04:15:19PM -0500, Nathan Ahlstrom wrote:

> > Is there anyone out there that has some experience of TV cards together
> > with FreeBSD?
>
> Many people have been using various tv cards under freebsd.
> http://gable.nrl.cs.uoregon.edu/~dwhite/
> Have a look at this web page for more info.

I checked it and tried to get the driver. It's a missing link there. I
got a driver at the page for the TV-program, but when compiling there
is a missing .h file, so I commented that out. It seemed to compile fine
without it!!?? But I haven't had time to test if it works yet. I tried
it with a Miro card.

> > I've got a ATI MACH64 card that can be connected to a TV card also from
> > ATI. Will it run under FreeBSD?
>
> I don't know about that sorry.  You may want to search the
> freebsd-multimedia mailing list archives.

The ATI card has got a much smaller bt chip on it I think it had a model
name of bt824 or something like that.

--
regards, Gunnar
email: flygt@sr.se