Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 11:02:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   promiscuous ethernet

Ok, here's my situation: I have a switched network in an environment where
we have people coming and going with random configurations on their
laptops. I would like to set things up so that they don't have to change
their configurations to access the net.

So, I'm assuming I'll need to, upon an arp request for any given IP
address, ifconfig that IP as an alias. I would run nat with -dynamic, so
that the new ethernet alias would automatically be included in the table.

So, my question is, how do I go about detecting the arp request, and then
adding the neccessary alias?

Or, is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,
Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access