Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:52:10 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help building port with clang

--9jHkwA2TBA/ec6v+

Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 01:45:51AM -0400, AN wrote:
> I use the base compiler for world and most ports, I do not want to
> change at this time.  So, my question is how can I tell
> Firefox-nightly to use clang?  Is there an equivalent to
> USE_GCC=3D4.8+ for clang that I can put in the makefile?  I want to
> use clang to compile this specific port, and let the base compiler
> build the rest.

Add the following lines to your /etc/make.conf
{{{
=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/www/firefox-nightly}
CC=3Dclang
CXX=3Dclang++
CPP=3Dclang-cpp
=2Eendif
}}}

Adjust the path to the port to your taste, but keep in mind that
this should be the realpath(1) of your port location.

For multiple ports you can use
{{{
=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M<path1>}
I_WANT_CLANG=3Ddesperately
=2Eendif

=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M<path2>}
I_WANT_CLANG=3Ddesperately
=2Eendif

=2Eifdef I_WANT_CLANG
CC=3Dclang
CXX=3Dclang++
CPP=3Dclang-cpp
=2Eendif
}}}
to avoid useless repetition.
--=20
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]
[ 82FE 06BC D497 C0DE 49EC  4FF0 16AF 9EAE 8152 ECFB | freebsd.org ]

--9jHkwA2TBA/ec6v+

--9jHkwA2TBA/ec6v+--