Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:16:34 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kerberos and bsd license

On Thu 2000-06-08 (02:11), j mckitrick wrote:
> but i was curious what everyone's thoughts were, especially., dare i say,
> brett glass.  is this a problem with bsd licensing?  can this be corrected?
> is the gpl better for protecting us from microsoft and other prorietary
> monopolies?
>
> a friend of mine argues againts bsd licensing for this very reason.

One retort is "GPL is a selfish license".  I've only used it about three
times, but every time the persion ran off in a rage talking about
idiotic BSD zealots.  Now they knows how I feel dealing with them.

(Although maybe you had to be there, especially after the few minutes of
unprovoked attacks against FreeBSD, the BSD license, and how BSD
developers are going to destroy the world.)

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems