Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:17:18 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        James Pole <james.pole@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB problem on A7N266-VM MoBo

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:51:39PM +1300, James Pole wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 10:41, Guido Falsi wrote:
> > I'm using FreeBSD on the Mother Board in the subject, and I am
> > experiencing the following problem with USB devices(tired with  a memory
> > stick and a joystick, can try other devices if necessary):
> >=20
> > When I attach the device for the first time there is no problem, I get
> > the expected reaction, but when I detach it, the detachment is not
> > detecte, the system simply thinks the device is still there. If I then
> > try to reattach the device the system does not notice the attach
> > anymore.
>=20
> Does this problem happen in any other OSes? This sounds to me like a
> hardware problem and not a software problem.
>=20

To be honest it's probably a problem with the RELENG_4 USB stack.  It
doesn't work very well on some chipsets.  The one in 5.x is much better.

Joe
--=20
Josef Karthauser (joe@tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D An eclectic mix of fact an=
d theory. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL--