Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 08:25:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiport ethernet cards.

I work for a company that provides internet services, and it
appears we might get several (at least a few) clients at one site in a
large building.

They all need to be on separate networks, and the current thinking
is to use a FreeBSD unit as a router.

At one time I recall there was a company making multi-port ethernet
cards - Znyx.  The only Zynx I can find on the net is a health-care
firm.  The only other pointer I've found to multi-port ethernet
cards is a company called Cogent - but their address gives a no DNS
response.

Are there other ways to do this.   I also found the etinc site but
this appears to be a multiple T1 device.   Am I correct in assuming
that those expect CSU/DSU's on the end of each port?

Thanks

Bill

--
bill@bilver.magicnet.net | bill@bilver.com