Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:40:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <jan.grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        soralx@cydem.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI imap client

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, soralx@cydem.org wrote:

> can anyone kindly recommend a decent GUI imap client? I used KMail for
> quite a while and didn't complain, but decided to move away from it
> (slow, stores message flags in some weird way usable only to itself,
> fancy, requires KDE, etc). So I tried sylpheed-claws (I often heard
> compliments in it's address, since the times of stuphead). Well, it
> turned out to be an ugly one: has a nasty habit of coredumping a dozen
> times per day, never saves any preferences, completely untunable (hell,
> I can't even change the vertical dimension of so-called 'Folder' list
> -- what a waste of space!), just riddled with bugs. Not very usable :(
> Is there a kind of compromise between KMail and sylpheed? (or something
> original wouldn't hurt either ;)

For some values of "decent", there's mulberry. It's been through some
rough times recently though and its status is somewhat uncertain.
Mulberry also has a flavour some find not to their linking (that is,
it's pig-ugly).

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/