Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 01:21:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        garya@dreamchaser.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi disk with 1.080 Gig

I hope this isn't true or I'm going to have to take those 2GB drives
of again:)

no there is no problem at all with scsi drives up to about a terrabyte or so..

> There is a statement in the FAQ which implies FreeBSD has
> problems dealing with disks larger than 1.024 Gig.  Does
no idea to what this refers,
but it probably refers to when the BIOS is accessing the drive.
in which case you must make sure that the ROOT partition is < that position, or
the BIOS can't get to the kernel...
once it's been loaded the whole drive is reachable.